Power Shift 2021 Pod Organizer Fellowship
Job Location: Remote - US
Hours and Compensation: Need-Based $250 a month stipend from October-April for ~ 3 hours a week of work (We have 60 total positions but due to budget we can only offer a stipend to 30 Pod Organizers positions.)
Status: Contract/1099 Stipend
Reports to: Regional Recruitment Coordinator
Location: Remote! Anywhere in the US.
Deadline to Apply: August 31, 2020
Projected Start Date: October 5th, 2020
About PSN & Power Shift 2021
Power Shift Network is a decentralized network made up of 90+ organizations committed to growing the power of the Youth Climate Movement. PSN is currently planning the relaunch of its iconic Power Shift convergences, which served as catalysts for many organizations and campaigns that have shaped today’s movements for a livable planet. Over the past two years, PSN has revised its strategy and outreach methods to more intentionally build a home for frontlines activists and BIPOC youth in climate justice work. Our National recruitment team will act as the driving force for building relationships with young activists and organizers as they gear up to attend the Power Shift 21 Convergence in New Orleans, Louisiana April 16th-18th, 2021.
The Pod Organizers will step into a relationally focused organizing culture within the Power Shift 2021 Recruitment Team. Directly supported by Regional Recruitment Coordinators and Network staff, the Pod Organizers will collaborate, engage, and learn from the Community Leads and volunteers in their region digitally as they build relationships with frontline activists dedicated to attending the convergence. Strong candidates will be self-starters with a background or interest in climate and/or environmental justice, racial justice, and/or social justice movement work, with some data management skills (or at the least willing to learn a few). We are looking specifically for people who have a strong interest in building diversity in our recruitment team and centering those most affected by climate change and environmental racism.
PSN is deeply committed to the struggle to combat adultism, racism (including anti-Blackness), patriarchy, cissexism, and all other systems of oppression.
Job Activities & Responsibilities:
- Must attend Regional Pod Team calls (1 hr every other week)
- Responsible for helping hold the big picture vision regarding recruitment for Power Shift 2021, facilitate communication and coordination across the Pod Organizer’s region, and keep everyone moving together
- Responsible for collectively strategizing on how to meet the recruitment goal for their region, and executing that strategy, including recruiting & supporting Community leads in their pod area
- Creating localized outreach lists, building buy-in and interest for the convergence, getting folks to register, and supporting them logistically throughout their travel if needed.
- Responsible for supporting Community Leads with executing outreach plans, including data input, contacts, and other responsibilities
- Able to attend Power Shift 2021 Convergence April 16-18th, 2021
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 months of experience organizing or volunteering in the youth climate movement, the environmental movement, racial justice, or other similar social justice grassroots campaigns, paid or unpaid
- Ability to work independently (remotely), cooperatively and effectively with Regional Recruitment Coordinators, PSN staff, and volunteers
- Knowledge of climate change, youth-led social movements, energy democracy, and/or related social justice issues to build a bold narrative around PSN’s recruitment strategy.
- Ability to support and facilitate connections and relationship building among individuals, formally and informally
- Deep commitment to anti-oppressive praxis
- Knowledgeable about the following platforms: Google Drive, or Canva
- Data Engagement Management skills are a + but not a must.
- Graphic Design skills are a + but not a must
- Experience managing and coaching volunteers is a + but not a must