Link to LinkedIn job listing:
About the job
The Deep South Center for Environmental Justice is seeking an Experienced Network Coordinator.
About the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice
The Deep South Center for Environmental Justice (DSCEJ) is dedicated to improving the lives of children and families harmed by pollution and vulnerable to climate change in the Gulf Coast Region through research, education, community and student engagement for policy change, as well as health and safety worker training for environmental careers. The DSCEJ provides opportunities for communities, scientific researchers, and decision-makers to collaborate on projects that promote the rights of all people to be free from environmental harm as it impacts health, jobs, housing, education, and overall quality of life. The DSCEJ operates three programs:
- Research and Policy Studies
- Community and Student Education, Training, and Engagement
- Environmental, Health, and Safety Worker Training.
Navigate NOLA, a division of the DSCEJ, provides social-emotional wellness programs for children and adults.
The DSCEJ directs and manages the newly re-launched National Black Environmental Justice Network (NBEJN).
DSCEJ is seeking a Network Coordinator for NBEJN who is self-driven and detail-oriented with a demonstrated passion for justice and equity. This individual will report to the Executive Director of DSCEJ.
The Network Coordinator will play a critical role in helping NBEJN achieve its vision to provide high-quality program coordination for members. The Network Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of professional activities to build relationships, trust, and alignment with NBEJN members; coordinate working groups; design, coordinate, and implement campaigns, and conduct qualitative and quantitative evaluations of programs and activities. The individual will be counted on for clear communications, effective organizing and coordination with diverse members, achieving project goals and objectives, and positioning NBEJN and its membership for continued success.
This is a hybrid position. Requirements are outlined below. The candidate must be able to:
- Be available Monday - Friday: 2 days a week in office and 3 days a week remote.
- Candidate must be available to travel domestically as needed.
9801 Lake Forest Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70127
- Assist in program implementation in coordination with the Leadership Team
- Assist members in growing their organizational capacities
- Build strategic partnerships
- Support consistent and progressive steps toward sustaining NBEJN and achieving programmatic priorities
- Monitor the status of work plans and priorities derived from the strategic plan; regularly communicate with DSCEJ staff on the status in order to effectively coordinate accountabilities, objectives, and associated budgets
- Develop a knowledge management system that ensures maximum sharing of information and learning throughout the organization and the NBEJN membership
- Assist in managing NBEJN’s budget
- Provide community outreach
- Support the Leadership Team with emphasis on supporting the Communication Director with social media initiatives
- Provide technical support to members of NBEJN
- Maintain regular and effective communications with the NBEJN membership
- Schedule and organize meetings and events, as well as prepare and maintain agendas and minutes
- Ensure the implementation of policies and practices
- Communicate information and updates promptly to the NBEJN membership
- Keep up-to-date on the plans and activities of the Work Groups, as well as maintain regular attendance at Work Group meetings
- Assist in developing a centralized information system
- Assist in disseminating communications to the media and on social media
- Create and regularly publish an NBEJN E-Newsletter
- Facilitate opportunities for the NBEJN membership to have input on relevant federal and state policymaking
- Collaborate with DSCEJ staff on joint projects such as webinars, press conferences, etc
- Help build positive relationships between the Network membership and external parties
- Assist Network members in accessing communications technology (video conferencing, presentations, etc.)
- Organize and maintain NBEJN documents, records, photos, images, and videos
- Occasionally assist with the preparation of reports and proposals
- Participate in NBEJN meetings and take detailed meeting minutes
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred; at least 5-7 years of professional experience in a general management role, preferably in a rapidly evolving institution
- Highly organized and able to wear multiple hats in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment; a driving force who strives toward clarity and solutions
- A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding people and systems, and developing the infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization
- Thorough understanding of project management; able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and challenging goals
- A consummate team player with a flexible and creative approach
- Excellent communication and coalition-building skills with an ability to negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; high level of knowledge and understanding as it relates to program replication, connecting programs to funding, creatively generating other resources, and building strategic partnerships
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a demonstrated commitment to NBEJN's mission
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary range: $65k-$68k commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Medical: Health, Dental Vision
- Retirement: 401k with up to a 2% annual salary contribution on staff accounts
- Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a detailed cover letter highlighting your applicable experience, your resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Network Coordinator” in the subject line.