Do you have a project or campaign you want to start on campus or in your community? Or have you already started a project and want to certify it for EcoLeader Recognition?
PlanYou’ve identified what you’re passionate about and declared your EcoMission, and you’re ready to take action to bring about positive change on your campus or in your community, good for you! Now it’s time to map out a plan that will help you stay on track and be prepared to succeed. Taking the time to create a well thought-out plan will help your project run as smoothly as possible.
Access project planning resources>>
DoNow that you’ve got a solid plan in place, have recruited a team of folks to help and have figured out the financials, it’s time to start taking action! As you move into the “action” phase of your project, it will be important to continue to manage project logistics, to provide education and training for volunteers and to advocate and promote your efforts.
Access project action resources>>
CommunicateDoesn’t the saying go: communication is key? As you plan your project and begin implementation, it’s important to incorporate a communication strategy into your project timeline. Communication helps keep people informed of your project activities and impact and can also help gain support for your project from administration or community groups. Communication is also important for keeping your team updated on progress and next steps.
Access project communication resources>>
SustainYou have launched a successful project, now what do you do? Take time to celebrate your successes and recognize the people who helped in the process. Reflect on the lessons you learned and how you might improve moving forward. Develop a plan for the future and incorporate strategies to ensure it’s sustainable and has the necessary resources and support to keep it active. Your project may have been a one-time action or event, but could it be more? Meet with your project team and any people or groups that might be interested to explore options to maintain the project.
Access resources to sustain your project>>
Latest EcoLeader Projects
- Eco-Schools Leadership Initiative Array
- Blue Ridge School Interpretive Trail Array
- STARS Assessment Array
- Central Terracycle Array
- Change the System, Not the Climate Array
- Native Plant Awareness and Exchange Array
- Food Security Array
- City of Fairfax Street Tree Assessment Array
- Ecological farming system / Organic food Array
- Black Bear Trail Array
- Prairie Restoration Array
- Campus Trees: Growing Green Array
- Washington State University Zero-Waste Composting Initiative Array
- Organic Community Garden Array
- Recycling Restaurants Green Waste to Put Back Into Community Gardens and Organic Array
- Sustainable Food Systems: Gardens For Growth Array
- Move-In Recyling Array
- Renewable Energy Campaign at Emory Array
- Eco-Friends Array
- Atlanta Climate Leadership Summit Array